TRANSMISSION PROBLEM OR SOMETHING ELSE?

Dodge Neon

Looking for opinions about a car I test drove today, I don't have the specs however all I know is its a 4 cylinder automatic, 4 door neon, the car looks to be in very good shape, no dents, decent paint, engine sounds good and looks to be a solid little car, no squeaks, or rattles, and good brakes, but I notice that the car seems to rev high before changing gears, but when it does change gears there's no strange noises. So I'm not sure if its a transmission problem or as a friend mentioned it may be a cable problem? And needs to be adjusted. I'm not even sure what the name of the cable is. And the test drive I had it on was just in the city, so it seems to be between 2nd and 3rd gear possibly. Also the car was probably laid up for a few weeks, I don't know if that might have anything to do with it. Thats the only thing that freaks me out, if the car is as good as it seems and its not a bad transmission I'm definately buying it. But how can I be sure, I mean I don't think the neons are known for bad transmissions. HELP!
Dosmond

Take the neon to a mechanic and have him look it over and pay for his opinion. IF the fluid had run low from a leak, the transmission may have been affected.
Is there a warranty on it?