SX 2. IDLE

Dodge Neon

Hi everyone,

My wife currenlty has a 2003 Dodge Neon (SX 2.0) with 98300 kms on it,

Recently I have been driving it to work, on my way to work the other day, everytime I stoped at a red light it would idle down really really low, then the computer would kick in and rev the engine to keep it running,

Then when driving it later on it felt like it wanted to die on me I gave it some gas to keep it going thru the intersection and then the check engine light came on, then off.

When I hold my hand to the exhaust its not a steady stream of air, if your blowing on your hand the puff two times thats what it feels like.

I found this web site in google and read some similar things,

I changed the oil, and I pulled the spark plugs out and noticed that they had never been gaped at.35, so the new ones I gaped at.35, once I installed them I fired up the car, still same problem, but a little worse but more power if I get on the gas. This morning I replaced the spark plug wires and it made no difference.

Anyone have any idea's?
Andybuhler