DODGE NEON AIR FILTER PROBLEM

Dodge Neon

2000 Dodge Neon

In the past couple of weeks my car has just started running very roughly. When I start it after it has set over night it idles rough like its missing out. If I press on the accelerator it has a slow reponse and sputters like it doesn't want to stay running. When driving it it has slow repsonse and feels like its missing out. It alsp sounds like it backfiring with loud poping sounds. When I reach about 45-50 it stops and runs smoothly. After it warms up and has been driven for 10-15 mins its seems to quit.
Has new air filter, plugs and wires. It looks like there is no EGR valve an there is a block off plate in its place. Any help would be greatful.
Topdog

Hey top,
is the check engine light on or flashing?

Chris

Carundell
The check engine light has not come on or flashed. I have done the code check by turning the ignition on and off 3 times leaving it on the 3rd time and no codes are flashing.

Topdog