95 DOHC 5 SPD

1995 Dodge Neon

As listed above my car is a 95 dodge noen dohc 6 spd manual sport model. I have a few minor quirks that I am hoping to get sorted out here, before anything else is said I want to thank everyone that takes the time to read and answer my questions, and to let you know it is greatly appreciated.
my biggest issue is replacing my rear struts.I have both rear struts as well as bushings, so I will only need to goto a shop and get them replaced and pay for labor as I have all the parts.I was wondering if anyone could give me a reasonable estimate of what this will cost. Other little things that are bothering me are as follows, one, the batery light stays on, has stayed on scince I bought the car 2 years ago, new battery, cables, and alt. Light constantly stays one.2 the oil light has been coming on for about 7 months now, it usualy comes on after driving the car for about 2-3 minutes, and then stays on until the next morning. Im pretty sure its the oil sending unit as I have no oil loss at all, question to this is where the oil sending unit located? Thirdly my check engine light will come on from time to time, especially after heavy acceleration, for about 2 months now and has always been EGR flow insufficient. The local auto parts store couldnt tell me much about the problem or what was causing it / how to fix it etc. Hence why I am here, once again I want to thank anyone and everyone who partakes in helping me figure these problems out thanks you so much for your time and knowledge.

Chad Eldredge
a.K.A. Twiztid. Mafia
Twiztidmafia

Hey Chad,
Here ya go!
1. You can figure an hour per side for the struts. You just need to find a shop that will allow you to bring your own parts. OR they can disassemble/reassemble the struts for you and you can do the work. Which is less expensive!

2. Your alternator output is controlled by the PCM and there may be an issue in that circuit causing the light to stay on. But if its charging ok. Then it may or may not be a priority for you.

3. Oil sender failure is a common issue w/ that vehicle and should be replaced

4. EGR flow issues/code can be difficult for the layperson to diagnose. Some possibilities are egr, egr vacuum solenoid, vacuum lines, plugged egr passages in the intake or head etc. I would recommend you find a qualified shop for this work.

Take Care,

Chris

Carundell