OIL LIGHT CAME ON AND STAYS ON 1WK AFTER OI

2005 Dodge Neon

2005 Dodge Neon Automatic

My Mom had her oil changed last week. As of today her oil light came on. It is staying on. I had her check the oil and it is a little above the max line. I have someone who can look at it but she would have to drive to my side of town. It is about 45 min away. Is this usually something she should NOT drive because? I appreciate any suggestions anyone can give me: )
Mcrabtree

Is the engine making knocking noises if not check the oil pressure with a mechanical gauge if normal replace the oil pressure sending unit abnormal could be the oil pump or engine bearing/s problem.

Does the engine tap or knock when running? If so then no she shouldn't drive it. Could be the Oil pump or sending unit has gone out on it.

Another thing with past oil changes has the light come on? A lot of newer vehicles have an oil change reminder light that comes on when it is do to be changed. And it has to be reset after oil change has been done. Also does she use the same place all the time to get oil change.

.

Obxautomedic
First. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

No, the engine is not making any noise and when she started the car today the light was off. She just usually goes to Jiffy Lube or some place like that.I have tried to get her to take it to the dealer but. She wont. It is not the oil change reminder light. Her car does not have one. It is the actual oil light.

Her power steering fluid was low. At the time of oil change. She added more last week and as of today it is a little low again. Could this be related?

Thanks!

Mcrabtree