DIAGNOSTIC CODE P0457

2005 Dodge Neon

2005 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 10998 miles

I was driving home from work today when my " indicator malfunction light" came on. I am getting diagnostic code P0457 when I toggle the keys with no other codes (it says " done" ). Can anyone tell me what this means?

A quick search indicates maybe a loose gas cap, so I tightened down my gas cap. I drove around the block, but the indicator light is still on. The gas tank is at about 3/4 full, last filled on Saturday and driven over 70 miles since being filled. Would the light go off immediately if it was a loose cap?

Any leads would be helpful, my dad is a retired mechanic and I'd like to try and get him to fix this problem before I go in for dealer service.
Arsweb

No the light will stay on until computer run another test and that may be in a few days or
u can disconnect the battery cable to reset system and the PCM

BMRFIXIT
Light will stay on, only thing you can do is reset it, try disconnecting the battery.

The code you indicated is most likely caused by the gas cap.

Blackop555
I will try the battery disconnect in the morning (it's dark now) and hope the light stays off! Thank you for the replies!

Arsweb
Hope everything goes alright and if you need any further assistance dont hesitate to post back.

Blackop555