SE - MAF SENSOR & P0103 CODE

2003 Dodge Neon

I purchased my 2003 Dodge Neon SE (2-liter four-cylinder - now has 67K miles) in January of 2005. It operated well until this past January when it started running rough and the check engine light began blinking intermintidly. In February I had the codes checked and along with the normal work at 50,000 miles I also had the Camshaft Postion Sensor replaced (P0365).
At that point it worked perfectly and then earlier this month (7/07) the car started riding rough again and presented a P0103, the MAF sensor is reading a high intake. Everyone I talked to - besides talking down to me cause I'm a girl *blech* keeps telling me there is no way to adjust the intake, clean it and reset the engine light. Instead I get *Lady looks like a sucker!* And I've been told the part *sigh* if they can find, will be between $99 and $380! What the! Is this something I can do on my own? My Dad didn't raise an idiot and I'm pretty handy around a car. Any recommendations?
Thanks a million!
Annie
Peapodriot