- NOISE WHILE DRIVING - LEFT SIDE

2003 Dodge Neon

2003 Dodge Neon - 80,000 miles - My car is making a " whirring" noise when driving at 20 mph or faster. It seems to be coming from the left (driver's) side. The noise seems to get worse if I move the steering wheel slightly to the right while driving down the road. When the steering wheel is moved slightly to the left while driving, the noise seems to lessen. No clicking noise like would be made by a CV axel. I am wondering if it may be a wheel bearing or the cv axel sense the noise lessens or worses depending on the steering wheel position while driving.
Chaberly

First, try putting the trans in neutral when the sound is very loud, just to be sure it is not the wheels/axles or the fan, which will keep running even though the engine drops to an idle. If the sound diminishes sharply, then it is something related to the engine which could be the engine, the transmission, the alternator, the power steering pump, of the AC compressor if the AC was running, as all those are powered by the engine. If it is the engine, then I would stop, then rev the engine while the car is at rest and in neutral and bring along a knowledgeable person to open the hood and listens for the source of the offending sound.
Ideally you will pinpoint the source that way.

Aidansmith