WONT START

2003 Dodge Neon

2003 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

I WAS RIDING ALONG AND I HEARD A CLICKING SOUND. I'M NOT SURE WHERE THE SOUND CAME FROM. I PULLED THE CAR OVER AND CUT IT OFF. WHEN I TRIED TO RESTART IT AND IT WOULD NOT START. WHEN I TURN THE KEY ALL THE LIGHTS COME ON. IT JUST WON'T TURN OVER AND START. On my guage cluster I have a red stay that stays on that I have never seen before. Could it be the security system or pcm. If so how can I fix both.
Orangedsm7

Inbox : Message
From: orangedsm7
To: rasmataz
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 5: 53 pm
Subject: About my 03 neon

I was just wondering is you could help me out. I have a 03 neon and I was just driving along on the highway and all of the sudden I heard clicking and cluttering noise not thinking anything of it and still driving and got to work fine turned car off. When I got off work I go to start the car nothing happens won't turn or crank over. You can't even here the few pump prime up or nothing. Display lights don't show when in the on position. Radio don't work but headlights, brights, unlock and lock pad works, horn works. Checked the battery its fine. What could this possibly be. PCM, Neutral control safety switch. I'm clueless.
Doug

Try scanning the PCM for code/s and also check the sentry key immobilizer module at right side of steering column, also the ASD relay.

From: orangedsm7
To: rasmataz
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 10: 44 am
Subject: neon
Where is the asd relay located and we have already put a new key tumbler in thinking that was it but it still wont turn or show anything.

Does the engine cranks over and still won't start or it doesn't crank at all.

But it still wont turn or show anything, I'm taking it that it doesn't do anything at all. If so check for power at the brown wire on the starter solenoid nothing there backtrack it to the starter relay and ignition switch

BTW the ASD relay is in the power distribution box.