0455 TROUBLE CODE

2000 Dodge Neon

2000 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120507 miles

Yesterday Morning, My check engine light came on and stayed on. I pluged my OBD-II reader in and the car kicked back code P0455. I looked it up in my HAYNES REPAIR MANUAL and it stated EVAP system malfunction (Large Leak Detected).

My only concern is that if " she" is still driveable. Considering this car makes the following trips on a weekly basis:

(Week 1) - Bronx NY to Sleepy Hollow NY (apx 30 Miles round trip).

(Week 2) - Bronx NY --> Washingtonville NY --> Highland Mills NY --> Sleepy Hollow NY (apx 140 Miles from start to finish)

(Week 3) - Bronx NY --> Port Jervis NY --> Highland Mills NY --> Sleepy Hollow NY (apx 180 Miles trip)

Also, a major consideration, this car is used as an Emergency Vehicle. There are times where in response to an emergency situation, " she" will reach speeds in excess of 80 MPH
FLYCAR7354

Check the gas cap
check for gas leak

BMRFIXIT
Hey bro with a code that reads 0455 evap leak it wont be dangerous to drive you honestly won't feel any driving problems basically it is just an emmision problem so when you try to do a smog it won't pass thats all, but if you are trying to fix it check the gas cap and make sure that it is properly inserted or that is not damaged. Also check the evap lines and hoses around the gas tank or the intake, or the trottle body. Check the hoses for rips, tears, cracks, etc. Then erase the codes and drive it around for a day or so and see if the light comes back on. Good luck bro.

Rockabillyrebel