1998 Dodge Neon

1998 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive 169977 miles

my speedometer and odometers just stopped about 100miles after getting a re-manufactured transmission put in (I believe he had to use my old sensor) vss anyway before I replace the sensor I was wondering what tests I could to to test the wiring. Supplying voltage or anything like that or just to see if they are broken I have no information and can't seem to find it anywhere.
well please tell me what you can
thank you

I don't have the test for this that I can find. I have provided info of where it is located.

The Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) is a pulse generator mounted to an adapter near the transmission output shaft. The sensor is driven through the adapter by a speedometer pinion gear. The VSS pulse signal to the speedometer/odometer is monitored by the PCM speed control circuitry to determine vehicle speed and to maintain speed control set speed

NOTE: When the sensor is removed for any reason, a NEW 0-ring must be installed on its outside diameter.

NOTE: The vehicle speed sensor is located in the transmission extension housing (Fig. 24).

Disconnect electrical connector from sensor.
Remove the sensor mounting bolt.
Lift the sensor out of the transaxle extension housing. Ensure the 0-ring was removed with the sensor.
NOTE: The speed sensor gear meshes with a gear on the output shaft.

With 0-ring in place, install sensor and seat sensor by hand -- to ensure proper gear engagement.
Install mounting bolt and torque bolt to 2.2 Nm (20 in lb) .
Connect electrical connector to sensor.