P0743 - TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH CIRCUIT ELE

1997 Dodge Neon

1997 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I went to get my car inspected and it failed the emissions which was P0140, the O2 Sensor, which I can replace. Now, on the paper they give you I saw P0743 and did some research on what that meant.

Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Electrical

Now, I'm not quite sure, and I couldn't really find much info on it other than being part of the transmission.

Can I get more detailed information on what that is? Does it mean my transmission is bad? Can I get it repaired without a huge cost? What can I do?

Thank You
Wakatu

I am having the same code. I have found that there is a plug behind the trans dip stick and the part is actually mounted on the valve body. You will have to drop the pan and the valve body to get access to replace it. My car shakes horribly at 50 to 70 mph. I wonder if that is why. The converter is not locking up at the high speed.

Brack2
Torque converter clutch circuit electrical/ have the same problem. We know that we need to change the solenoid is there a special tool that you need to reach the screws? Or is there another way to get to it?

Fivegorets