BATTERY TEMP SENSOR

1997 Dodge Neon

1997 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Automatic 125000 miles

HEY I HAVE A 97 DODGE NEON SOHC THAT COMES WITH A BATTERY TEMP SENSOR BUT WHEN I GO TO GET THE NEW PART THEY DONT HAVE IT BECAUSE A SOHC DOESNT NEED ONE. BUT MY NEON HAS ONE I DONT UNDERSTAND WELL I WENT BOUGHT THE BATTERY TEMP SENSOR OVER THE INTERNET UNDER 97 DODGE NEON DOHC. Could you possibly tell me why thanks
JOE20089

I'm not certain where you went to get the part or who told you that the SOHC doesn't need the sensor but AutoZone does have the battery temp. Sensor for the SOHC engine for your vehicle for $21.99 and your vehicle DOES need it.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!

Bluelightnin6
I went to auto zone they had to order under dohc not under sohc thats what I was trying to find out cause im also suppose to have a relay fan underneath my battery and I dont have that but every where I called for it they didnt have it I also tried to see if I could order from chrysler they had one for dohc not sohc if u go to autozone. Com type in 97 dodge neon and do it for a sohc it wont have one but if u do for the dohc it will have one

JOE20089
Below is details of battery sensor for the SOHC found at autozone..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_345.jpg

Bluelightnin6
Well I went type it in the next day and it shown I actually called autozone to find out why it wasnt showing on the site and they said it was a glitch in the system but I also found out that my engine was replaced my car originally was a dohc and then they put sohc in to it thanz though

JOE20089