TRANSMISSION OR ENGINE OR SOMETHING ELSE?

1996 Dodge Neon

Noises problem
1996 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

I have a 96 plymouth (or dodge) neon 5spd, a great car really with one minor problem. When I am in gear and I let off the gas my car makes a weird knocking sound. When on the feeway at 60 MPH and I let off the gas it will make a knocking until I either downshift, put it in neutral or return my foot on the gas. The same occures in 3rd and 4th gear with out fail, and ocasionally in 2nd. The shifting process it's self is neat and smooth with out fail.

Another problem, although im not sure if It's related is that when I put on the break my car vears to the left and when I accelerate it tends to vear to the right. And when going to the right its always acompanied by a squeeking noise, which I atributed to be seperate alogether, most likely being the CV joint, and my car in desperate need of an alignment.
Beeb116

Have you checked the transmission and engine mounts?

Zackman