ENGINE SURGING

Dodge Intrepid

I'm an owner of a 2000 dogde Intrepid ES 3.2 l v6 engine with 110,000 miles. I recently purchased the car (about 8 months ago with 104,000 miles) in the winter. Now that summer is here I had my air conditioner serviced, my mechanic found a leak in the expansion valve it only needed a new gasket so that took care of that. The problem occurs when I accelarate I 'm hearing a surging nosie or kinda like the engine is racing it only occurs when the air conditioner is on; only when I accelarate. When the heat is on theres no problem. What can solve this problem, what can it be? Please let me know all possibillities Thanks for your help.
Gjones76

How long has it been since youre car has had a full tune up, Could have a dirty throttle body, May need cleaning.

E40water12
I've only had the car for about 8 months; I have'nt gotten a full tune up yet. Dont know if or when previous owner did. Does a full tune up usally include cleaning of the throttle body? Do you suggest changing the water pump timing belt and tensioner also? CAR HAS 110,000 THOUSAND MILES
thanks for any help.

Gjones76
Full tune up would be new spark plugs, Wires, coil packs, New air filter / fuel filter /.

E40water12