BLOWER MOTOR

Dodge Intrepid

I have a 1997 dodge intrepid. Last week there was heavy snow and the blower fan motor stopped working. Found blown 25Amps fuse. Replaced fuse, blows again.
Want to check if motor is defective orsomething else.
I have taken out the knee bolster assembly to get access to the motor. I dont know what screws to remove to get the blower motor out. Also I am not sure if this model has a resistor or an Automatic Temperature Control. How do I get this out and how do I test it.
I have a Haines manual. Does not give much detail in pictures.
Any help will be very much appreciated. Pictures will be great.
Tony
Fernanaa

You should not need to remove the blower motor to test it, just disconnect the electrical connector from the motor and put your meter on ohms and read across the two post inside the motors electrical connector, this will ensure that winding are not opened. The second part is to find a good ground once you have that put one of your meters leads to it and the other to each of the motors connectors again one at a time and read the resistance again. This time you should read very high resistance indicating that you have no grounds on the windings of them motor. But I do suspect that your motor is bad since you are blowing 25 amp fuses.

Garfield