95 WONT START

1995 Dodge Intrepid

My sons 95 dodge intrepid 3.5 with around 175,000m died the other day. There is fuel pressure and we checked the coil with a volt meter it seems to be in range. We pulled the #1 plug and it sparks once and only once when we turn it over. That lead me to believe that it was the crps. So we replaced that and still have the same problem. I tried to check the codes but they were cleared since he drained the battery trying to start it after it died. Now im thinking maybe cam sensor or possible the timing belt jumped. I can hear the valves open and close so I know it didn’t break. I have been told that it could be the map sensor. I really don’t want to put more money into it and then end up taking to a shop because none of it worked.
Freeze

When you turn key On do you hear the pump for 2sec's?

Ya I can hear the pump. There is fuel pressure at the check valve.

Freeze
[quote=" freeze" ]ya I can hear the pump. There is fuel pressure at the check valve.

How much pressure? Don't think! Because it has pressure it will start-if its not up to spec's it w/n start.

We know the pump is pumping, don't know how much? Okay do this now go look for a spark while cranking then come back with the results and we'll take it to the extreme.

There is fuel pressure. There isn't spark! When we turn it over it will spark one time and thats it no more spark. I replaced the crank shaft sensor same thing no spark. Something is shutting down the spark. If the fuel pump where bad it would still have spark.

Freeze
If it has one -investigate the ASD relay this one powers both coil and pump.

I believe that you talking about the relay in the fuse box under the hood. I have checked them and they are good. Would a bad map sensor cause it not to spark?

Freeze
Try the crankshaft position sensor.

Already replaced that

Freeze
Brought it to the shop. The timing belt jumped some teeth. Thanks for the Help

Freeze