BATTERY MUST BE JUMPED TO START

2000 Dodge Intrepid

2000 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

About 6 months ago I had the Alternator and Battery replaced in my son's car. It worked fine for a couple weeks and then started NOT starting on occasion. Son discovered If you shook the electrical wires connected to the battery, it would start. That worked for another couple months. Now it won't start unless it is jumped. Any ideas?
Wynner

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

Start by having the battery load tested, and check the alternator charge rate, If by shacking the connections at the battery, something is loose or corroded and making a poor connection. Disconnect all wires & soak ends in a solution of warm water and bicarb soda, this will dissolve all the acid build up. Flush with clean water. Check all connections and replace if any look suspect clean battery terminals and re attach all wires, coat with a anti fouling spray (battery terminal protector) and test system, Check starter electrical connections as well, include all earths too.

Mhpautos