COOLING SYSTEM BLEEDING

1999 Dodge Intrepid

Engine Cooling problem
1999 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

How do I bleed the cooling system in a 3.2L Intrepid?

It has no leaks, fans work fine, new cap in reservoir, and still overheats after 3 min. Of driving.

Thanks.
Carzz

Easiest way to bleed cooling system is take your radiator cap off (while the engine is cold), and let the engine run idle until the normal operating temperature is reached. Then turn the motor off, and install the cap. It is rudimentary, but it gets the system " burped".

You didn't say if the thermostat has been replaced. I would start with that.

Also, did the reserve tank boil once the engine is turned off?

Zackman
Yes, the thermostat has been replaced about 25,000 mi. Ago. With both fans and hoses and yes the reservoir tank boils and leaks thru the cap valve.

This same issue happened about a year ago and a highway mechanic bleed the system by a nipple on top of the motor and the overheating disappeared.
So I want to do that again but not sure how to do it right.

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for answering.

Carzz
If it is boiling and overheating while you are driving, your radiator cap is not holding the pressure. I would replace the cap. You may " burp" the system the way I had described.

If it is still boiling after the cap is replaced, have a technician perform a block pressure test. You may have a leak in your head gasket.

Zackman