WHEEL CYLINDERS

1995 Dodge Intrepid

Brakes problem
1995 Dodge Intrepid 4 cyl

Ok heres my question, I took my car in to the shop who put on my brakes and they replaced my wheel cylinder already but when I took it back they said they only replaced one and its the one they didn't replace and want to charge me 250.00 to 300.00 dollars to replace when me and my hubby both thought they did all that when we had the brakes fixed there so should we still have to pay or should they have to replace for free?
Cookiebear

Wheel cylinder is not a part of your regular brake job, and therefore be charged separately. If they didn't ask for your permission (or you didn't agree with it) and went ahead replaced the first one, that should be on them. But the other one, since they told you, if you need that replaced then you should pay. But not for $250 on top of the brake job cost. I would find someone else to replace the other one for cheaper.

Why did you go back to the shop the second time anyway? Were the wheel cylinders needed to be replaced?

Zackman
I took my car back on feb. 10 th to the shop and told them to fix anything that was worng w/the car to please fix, they called me and said that a wheel cylinder need to be fixed and again I and my hubby told them to fix anything that was wrong w/it and then the er break light came on and off so I took it back in and thats when they told me that the other one was bad.

Cookiebear
They should have noticed the second wheel cylinder being bad on the first place. But they didn't. They are within right to charge you for the second wheel cylinder. I would still call around to find out if someone else can do the job cheaper.

It only calls for one hour of labor.

Zackman
Wow that's steep for replacing a wheel cylinder. I just put one on my 96 Intrepid like a month ago. The part was $15 at Advance Auto and took my neighbor all of about 20 minutes to get it in. I would not pay that much to have that problem fixed.

Lmc41472
My uncle fixed my car it wasn't just the wheel cylinder it was also the break line its self something they should all ready of fixed but my uncle replaced all the breaks and both wheel cylinders for 50$ and all the parts cost around about 100 for all 4 breaks so $150 for everything ! Thanks for all your adivce.

Cookiebear