CRANKS SLOWLY AND EVENTUAL

1993 Dodge Dynasty

1993 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 78000 miles

I have a 93 Dodge Dynasty, 3.3L V6. About a week ago, it started having issues starting. It would crank once, then there was a rapid clicking sound. The clicking would stop, and it would start cranking again very slowly, and eventually start. Sometimes it starts just fine, though. I had my battery and alternator checked at an auto store, and I have replaced my starter, spark plugs/wires, and done an oil change. After replacing the starter, it seems to behave a bit better. It never does the rapid clicking like it initially did, but it still cranks slowly. The old starter did test okay at the parts store, though. I am at a loss for what to check next.
Chyrus

Did the shop load test the battery? Also, make sure the battery terminals are clean and tight. Make sure the ground to the engine block is clean and tight. If it still cranks slow, I would suggest checking battery cables to make sure corrosion hasn't damaged it.

Let me know what you find.