SOMETHING PULLING POWER

1991 Dodge Dynasty

1991 Dodge Dynasty 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120, 00 miles

The 1991 dodge if I don't start it at least 3 times a day and run it I have to put the battery charger on itthe next day it won't start. Even in Hot weather. Someone told me to take off the cable from the battery and see if the car still runs, and it didI took out the fuse for the radio thinking that is pulling power but nothing. Is there a short somewhere in the doors or a broken wire pulling power? The car runs great besides this problem.
Uncrubert

I assume you mean it still would CRANK after you took the battery cable off, right?

How much stuff do you have packed in your glove box? It is REAL common for excessive paperwork to bend the tab holding the glove box light switch so it doesn't turn off.

Three times a day seems like a lot to have to start it, but it is normal for it to kill the battery in a day or two. I seem to recall that light being on the same fuse as the interior lights. There is also a thermal timer for the light by the ignition switch. It is very rare for the contacts to stick, but if they did, it would also run the battery down in a few days.

I have a Dynasty with 3200 miles, but it's a '93 and has a body computer that controls the key light, not a thermal timer. It is normal for all the various computers' memory circuits to drain the battery, but Chrysler says it will still crank after three weeks.

Holler back if the glove box light is not the problem.