HOW DO I CHECK FOR A BAD FRONT WHEEL BEARING?

Dodge Durango

I have a 2001 Dodge Durango with the 4.7L. It has 156000 miles on it. It is four wheel drive. When I had tires put on it recently, the tire tech told me that I had a wheel bearing starting to run dry and fail. How do I determine which side of the vehicle has a failing bearing? While driving, when I turn the vehicle left, I hear sort of a howling noise. I thought it was due to my tires, I run BFG All Terrains, but it doesn't make noise when I turn right. I have jacked up each side of the vehicle, and by grabbing the top and the bottom of the tire, checked for movement. I didn't feel any. Also, when I spun each wheel, the only drag/noise I heard was the brake pads against the rotors. I'm stumped, any help will be greatly appreciated.
WPopp

Pretty much the only other way I know of is to have it jacked up and pur it in drive, raise the speed a bit and listen for the source, a stethescope works well for this. Simply a long screwdriver or prybar, with your ear to one end and the blade at the spindle should help distinguish it.

If it is happening when you turn left, then it is probably your right bearing.

Frankiefuego