'99 MISS FIRING

1999 Dodge Durango

I own a 1999 Dodge Durango SLT. It is an automatic with a 5.9L V8, and 4 wheel drive. It has 115k miles on the engine.

The problem I am having is that the engine seems to be miss firing when it's idling cold. After it warms up the miss fire goes away. It also miss fires while driving anytime I have the pedal pressed at about 1/4 the way down. Any more or less the miss fire goes away.

I don't know if it could be related but I recently found out my speedometer is reading about 10 mph slow at 60, I am really doing 70.

I have changed the airfilter with no results. I checked the sparkplugs and they look good. The distributor cap, rotor and plug wires are less than 5 months old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more information please ask and I'll get it to you as soon as possible. Thanks again.
ShawnK