INTERMITTENT START PROBLEM

2004 Dodge Durango

2004 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

have an '04 Durango Hemi that has a stange start problem I can't figure out. It's intermittent which makes it even harder.

Occasionally, it will try to start (turns over) but won't actually start. It is always remedied by tapping the accelerator. I have no problems when it is running and I can stop and start it 10 times after and not have the problem. Then later in the afternoon it occurs again. I have never noticed the problem in the morning (or when cold) and seems to happen more frequently when it is at full operating temperature.

No check engine light or other dash lights or codes. It is not blowing any smoke when it starts or at any other time.

I have:

1. Cleaned the throttle body
2. Replaced all spark plugs
3. Replaced PCV valve
4. Replaced air filter
5. Tested the battery
6. Had the PCM flashed
7. Replaced all air intake gaskets (there was leak when I did the propane test).
8. Cleaned the IAT sensor

Fuel pressure seems good. Oil and filter is changed regularly and the starter sounds strong when it's making the attempt to start.

The only thing I can think of is it's an air temp sensor or the CPS sensor. Thoughts?
Steevireno

I also have the same problem; same vehicle. Did you ever get a viable response or get it fixed? We're re-flashing the CM now.

Dstolecki