IDLE AIR CONTROL - PCM PROBLEM WHAT WOU

2000 Dodge Durango

2000 Dodge Durango V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

Been going crazy with a high idle problem. Tranny was rebuilt (while out of town) recently and the shop blew out the PCM in the process, they got replacement from ACE but turns out that unit went bad, shop did not keep paperwork so I had to get another from ace and pay for it. That unit has same kind of problem. The shop has replaced the iac twice, and recently for check the continuity from the iac wires to the pcm connector, they even checked for shorts in the harness with the pcm wires. The checked resistance at the pcm connector 3 read 65K ohm and 1 reads in the megaohms. One would expect to see 65K on all 4 or 65K on 2 wires and megaohms on 2 wires. So it looks like ace sent a bad pcm, I have read they do that, sometimes it takes 3 or tries to get a good one. Dealers I read also dont have new they use rebuilt as well, at about $1000 for dealer, its not possible to get dealer to fix this now. I was thinking of trying to get ace to try to send another unit until they get it right, and if they cant simply having the IAC motor disconnected. (Have done that already with no problem driving), problem is the iac plunger can move when you hit a bump, we know this cause the shop was able to get iac to do this by tapping with a wrench. I was thinking a short term fix until I can afford a dealer repair is the have the iac position set and then fixed with superglue so it wont move from a road bump, and then disconnect it. I know it will set a P0505 code but when the iac is disconnected it runs fine.

What would you do?
Maedata