ENGINE WON'T CRANK

1999 Dodge Durango

Engine problem
1999 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have a 99 dodge Durango with a V8 5.9L engine that recently has been displaying electircal problems. I was still able to start it in spite of getting an error message on the odometer of NO BUS. I have researched this issue and found that there are several sensors that could be the culprit. I am thinking the crankshaft position sensor. My husband and I attempted to replace this sensor however, we are unable to gain access to it easy enough to replace. Now when we attempt to start the vehicle, it will not crank. It will try for a second and then a very loud noise comes from the engine and it will not crank. There is also a rapid clicking noise coming from the relay and fuse box. If the crankshaft position sensor is malfunctioning, will it cause this? I am about to have my vehicle towed for repair and don't want to get " worked" over and be told I need a new engine or PCM. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!
Lesa68ford

Try recharging the battery with ithe positive side dis connected from the truck. When the battery is charged then connect it back to the vehicle, This will possibly drain and reset the computer. For the computer to completly reset it will have to be driven about 30 miles. Before you hook the battery back up see if your husband can turn the engine over using a socket and breaker bar on the crank shaft pulley.

M_H_RITZEL

Kd7ynb