TRANSMISSION REMOVAL AND REPLACEMENT

1990 Dodge Daytona

1990 Dodge Daytona 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

I have found a 1990 Dodge Daytona ES in great condition except for the transmission which begins to slip when going over 40mph. It has an 4spd automatic (overdrive) with a 3.0 V6. This transmission is easy to find, but want to know if it is worth paying someone 350.00 to install it or do it myself. I have removed engine/transmission and replaced in my ElCamino, but never done much with a front-wheel drive car. How much work is it to remove and replace this particular transmission? Any other sources to get info from that you recommend? Books, DVD's, etc.

Thanks.
Mldinneny

Hi: 350.00 dollars isn't a bad price. If you do it yourself, the only difference is now you need to remove the axles, abd the trans is positioned differently.

If you want to do it yourself, I would recommend a Chilton manual. It will provide you with directions and step by step directions.