BLOWN IGNITION FUSES

Dodge Dakota

1992 Dodge Dakota 5.2L 138K

About a year ago I replaced the distibutor cap, rotor, and pick-up coil. Now I have an intermittent problem with blown ignition fuses. I have since changed the cap and rotor with no result change.
I have had a problem with clicking when trying to start the truck. However each time the truck would eventually start, so I brought a new battery ; problem solved. Many times I would carry multiple fuses (40amps), when one would blow, I could on some occassions, keep putting new ones in until one held. Sometimes the new fuse would last for days or weeks. The last episode lasted for a month; a few blew and they continuing blowing. I parked the truck out in the pasture. Yesterday new fuse in, truck starts and runs great.

HELP PLEASE
Thomasfamily05

ANY TIME THE FUSE BLOWS THERE IS A SHORT. THE SHORT COULD BE WIRES, THE SWITCH, OR ANY OTHER DEVICE CONNECTED. MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO FIND OUT WHERE THE SHORT IS, WHY ITS BLOWING FUSES AND GO FROM THERE.

NOT REALLY SURE ON THIS BUT DO YOU HAVE THE RIGHT BATTERY INSTALLED, DOES IT HAVE TO MANY CCA FOR THAT SYSTEM, UNLIKELY BUT I WOULD STILL LOOK AT IT.

SGTTSAI13
I need to add that the local dodge dealership could isolate the short.

Thomasfamily05
DID THE DEALERSHIP FIX THE SHORT OR INFORM YOU WHAT WAS CAUSING THE SHORT.

SGTTSAI13
I'm sorry, the dealership, after working many hours, did not find the short. However, I did get a nice discounted bill for the attempt.

Thomasfamily05