98 - POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS PROBLEM

1998 Dodge Dakota

I have a 98 Dakota Sport extended cab, V6, 105K. When the power locks are activated either from inside or with the key fob, you can hear the motors trying to lock, but it does not lock either door. Also, the passenger power window does not activate at all. No motor sound.

I assume the window issue requires motor replacement, can anyone confirm?

What's the deal with the locks though?
Cmptreasy

Did you try to lock the door with the key? Take a look in the trucks fuse panel replace any blown fuses. If you find a blown fuse replace it with the correct fuse. If the lock is working with the key you know the lock is operating properly. The door panel is easy to take off. If you take the panel off look at the power locking system when you press the lock button. It is possible the lock motor works but is disconnected from the linkage. The passenger side power window should have a switch on the driver s side and passenger side. If they both are not working the window motor may be bad. You really need a DVM (Digital Volt Meter) to see if you getting power to the motor. It could be a switch or motor. The best thing to do with any issue is try to isolate the problem. I hope this is a start for fixing the issue.
Good luck,
Matthew

M2424j