96 DIES & WON'T RESTART.

1996 Dodge Dakota

I've got a 96 Dodge Dakota truck with the 2.5L 4 cyl engine, 120K miles.
It sometimes dies while driving, then won't start for 30 min to an hour later. Also sometimes after turning it off after driving, it won't start again for at least 30 minutes. It seems to be worse when it's hot outside.
Never had a code set (checked with a reader).
Fuel presure when cranking is ~40 lbs. &Amp; the fuel guage shows the fluctuations of the injectors firing during cranking (~2-5 lb drop), but no spark from the coil (used screwdriver to ground - 1/4" ). Replaced coil with new unit, but no help. I replaced the PCM with a used unit however the problem remains.
Since the coil +12 & fuel injector +12 are supposed to be common, it can't be the ASD if the injectors work. I can't think of anything that would make the PCM fire the injectors but not the ignition coil. This seems to me that all the sensors have to be working properly for the PCM to know when to fire the injectors. I've done everything I can checking the wiring except for striping it out of the looms (all the plastic sheilding is undamaged). I've checked the connections at the coil, the PCM & the ASD.

Any suggestions?
Tm