OVERHEATING?

2000 Dodge Dakota

2000 Dodge Dakota V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

Hello everyone.

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota Regular Cab that I have some tranny issues with. Yesterday, the check engine light came on and I retrieved the transmission DTCs after scanning it. They are as follows: 1790, 0731, 0731, 0733, 0734, 1793. When the light came on, the truck seemed to want to keep moving after coming to a stop and nearly stalling. I got the truck back to the garage and pulled the pan. The fluid is clean but smells a little burnt, the filters are clean and there were zero shavings on the magnet.

After sitting for about an hour, the truck ran and shifted fine, but once it was driven for about 40 minutes in regular traffic, the problem began again.

The truck is lifted with 35 inch tires, but the TCM and PCM were both reprogrammed by Dodge to match the tire requirement.

Has anyone else had this problem? If it were a mechanical problem inside the transmission, I would expect it all of the time, instead of just when it has been run for a period of time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I do not feel like dropping a grand for a new tranny.

Thanks!
Firemedic161