TRUCK STALLS OUT.

1998 Dodge Dakota

1998 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 188 miles

Hey so my Dakota keeps stalling out. No matter what you are doing you could be going around a corner and it shuts off. To idling in the driveway. The truck will sometimes not do it for 5-7 days and then randomly it wont start. I have replaced the Master Coil, Cat converter, H2 Sensor, and battery. What could be causing the problem? Btw its 188 KM/s Not miles
Kemmy

Has the check engine light come on?

Yes the check engine comes on. We think. The check engine light has been covered with tar.

Kemmy
If the light comes on, take the vehicle to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan the computer for codes. Most stores will do it for free.

Let me know what you find.

We have taken it into dodge dealerships all over and they cant ever figure out what is wrong with it.

Kemmy
It sounds frustrating. However, if the light is on, there is a good chance a trouble code will show when the computer is scanned. From that, I would be better able to help you.

Let me know.

Well for your future reference the trucks Fuel Pump was shot. And the timing was off by a little hence why when I would slow down truck would stall out. Truck is now sold fixed her up nice got 6 grand for her : )

Kemmy