DODGE COLT CHECK ENGINE LIGHT PROBLEM

1995 Dodge Colt

Heater problem
1995 Dodge Colt 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 188880 miles

I have a 1995 dodge colt with a 1.5 in it. When I bought it I noticed the gauge that tells me if the car is hot or cold would only move a little and would not go up they way it should. I replaced the thermostsate hoping that would solve the problem, however now gauge does not move at all and check engine light is on. My Rad was in bad shape so I replaced that and a tempenture sender hoping that would solvle the promblem. I would drive about 14 km and check engine light comes on and gauge still not moving. I am at a lost took it to have a scanner put on it but there software did not support the yeare of the car any suggestions of what the prob is I still suspect its to do with the coolant system
Royboy38

Hi: There could be a few things causing this. However, without scanning the computer, everything is a guess. Is there another place you can take the car to to have it scanned?