WHAT MIGHT CAUSE REPEATED BULB BREAKAGE?

Dodge Caravan

Vehicle is a 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, mileage approx 180,000 and engine size 3.3L v6.

A few years ago, the left front turn signal went out, upon inspection we saw that the bulb had actually broken. It was cracked around the stem. We had a new one put in but it also cracked within a day or two. Looking closely, we could see a deformation where the plastic casing had actually melted. The socket doesn't seem to fit quite right anymore, but I am able to insert a bulb and have it work for a couple of days before breaking.

I think I might need a new front light assembly (it's all one big plastic molded piece that contains headlamp and directional lamp), but at the price they go for, I really don't want to get it (yet) if there are other issues at work.
Lions71

If replacement is going to be done, A used unit can be purchased at the loclal wrecking yard for cheaper price.

E40water12