RADIATOR COOLING FANS

Dodge Caravan

My father has a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan with 200K+ miles on it, and the 3.3l engine. He is having trouble with the engine overheating. Neither of the radiator cooling fans will come on. Also, the front blower for the air conditioner wasn't working. I checked the fuses in both fuse panels (in the engine compartment and under the dash, inside the van), and none were burned out. I replaced the blower relay, and the air conditioner fan motor works now, but the radiator cooling fans still won't come on. Is there a separate relay controling these two fans, and if so, where are they? Considering the age of the van, what else might be causing the trouble? Any hints will be greatly appreciated.
Hunter021664

Yes there is a seperate relay for the radiator cooling fans. Check that and if that is not the remedy then you should check the coolant temp sensor and the coolant temp sending unit!

Blackop555
Thankas for the tip. Would you happen to know where the fan relays are located? I looked at the fuse panel/relay block under the hood next to the battery, and replaced the only relay I found that was labled " blower relay". That solved the air conditioner blower problem, but didn't do anything for the radiator fans. Like I said before, any hints will be appreciated. Thanks

Hunter021664
I do not know where it is located on your model sorry, all I can say is follow the electrical wires from the fans you will find it.

Blackop555
Thanks---I'll do that

Hunter021664