CODES

Dodge Caravan

I have a 1996 dodge grand caravan es. Mileage is 129236. It is coming up with the codes 35/p1491. We have also replaced the radiator fan relay and now the fuse 40 for the radiator fan. But now it still says radiator fan relay circuit. We have tried erasing the codes but this still comes up. Please help me.
Tdkmak

As I remember there is more than one fan relay. Does your fan come on when the A/C is on? Also does the fan turn to the correct speed? Let me know

Losone
The fan does not come on and the temperature gauge is not going up either

Tdkmak
I have done a lot of research on this problem. There was a recall issued for certain chrysler products with fan control relay problems. I am looking for the recall info but I have only located one for a PT cruser. You need to go to a dealer and let them look up your vin number and check for a recall notice.

I did find out that the relays must be replaced with a solid state circuit relay from the dealer and both relays must be replaced. The code will also set is the fan has been replaced with an after market fan.

Chrysler and Jeep have been suffering from this problem through the mid and late 90's.

I hope this helps Good luck

Losone
I have replaced the radiator fan relay underneath the driver side wheelwell. The fuse for the radiator fan keeps blowing. The service engine light stays on with the same code 35. I have had it reset and within a few days it is back on again. The drive side fan will come on with the heat on. Also, I purchased and electrical meter to tested the fan motor and it works fine. Any suggestions.

Tdkmak