FRONT AC BLOWER INOP

2006 Dodge Caravan

Air Conditioning problem
2006 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 56761 miles

My front AC blower does not work. I removed it and applied 12v power directly to it and it worked fine. The rear blower does operate correctly. I did a little online research and was advised to change the resistor (part# 4885583AC). Superceeded by: (68029175AA $14.49 - Hvac - Controls - Blower motor - Resistor) Any suggestions?
Eclj

IF the blower works on high, then I would not see how that can be the only bad part. The high postion is bypasses the resistor.

Check for power at the plug in all positions. Fuses?

Please read my initial post. I didn't say that the blower works on high. I said that I applied direct power to the blower motor and it worked. Meaning. I pulled the blower out and connected 12v battery power directly to the connections on the motor. When the blower motor is installed in the vehicle I do not get a response from any of the different fan speed settings on the A/C climate control panel.

Eclj
I read and understood your post. You hot wired the motor. I want to know if power is getting to the motor.
Was the fuse replaced?

These are all causes for the motor to not operate: Front control module (FCM) DTC(S) present
IPM fuse #10
Fused front blower motor relay output circuit shorted to ground
Front blower motor resistor block shorted to ground
Blower motor
Blower motor
A/C - heater control module
Ground circuit open
Blower motor high driver circuit open
Front blower motor resistor block open
Front blower motor resistor block open
PDC-open circuit
PDC-open circuit
Front blower motor relay
PDC-open circuit
Fused front blower motor relay output circuit open

This particular chysler product does not have the power separate for high speed, that was my mistake.

After looking at this site I replaced the resistor to the blower motor and now it is installed and the blower is working fine.

W. Smith