ENGINE STALLS

2004 Dodge Caravan

2004 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 87000 miles

When I fill the gas tank to full, the car will occasionally stall.

I believe that the valve that goes to the vapor canister is faulty and may be allowing an overfill condition. I know in other vehicles that this valve is called an ORVR, but I cannot identify it @ Chrysler's website or other parts suppliers.

I know that some fuel pumps have this feature as a component of the fuel pump module, but this does not appear to be the case on this vehicle.

I am having difficulty identifying the specific component that is faulty.

The check engine light identified the egr valve, which I already replaced, but the light went back on.

Is there a valve that can be ordered to fix the issue OEM or otherwise?

I am trying to avoid a $400+ repair bill for something that appears to be a simple fix.
Docrigsby

An evaporative emissions purge solenoid is the valve that's controlled by the PCM and purges the vapors into your engine when temperature and speed all meet up and the computer operates this solenoid valve. It's not supposed to allow a purge so fast after a restart. Also if broken, they usually cause a purge all the time.
It's referred to as an evap. Purge solenoid, hases two vacuum hoses and a 2 wire connector on it. If you follow the one vacuum hose it leads to the vapor cannister and the larger hose coming out of it goes to your intake, you can close this off to check it. Also the EGR systym uses the same type of setup. See what the code says now. This evap solenoid is mounted on the right side of the engine compartment. Both are PCM controlled and I wouldn't want another sensor to be causing both. I just wanted you to understand these enission control systems a bit better. Good luck, I can't say I blame you for saving money but the light may need to be reset.

Ch112063