TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

2003 Dodge Caravan

2003 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 165k miles

Sorry I can not donate at this time, I'm unemployed with two young boys trying to skate by christmas. I have a 2003 dodge caravan that is in limp mode. I have replaced the input and out put sensors. I have also replaced the tcm with a used one. The transmission is still in limp mode. I removed the battery cables for a few hours and then touch the pos. And neg. Cables together. I then was able to drive the van with the transmission shifting a few hundred yards. The van went back into limp mode. I was hoping maybe someone might have some ideas. My latest codes are 1684, p0601, p0700. I was also wondering if I bought a used pcm would the van shift and run without special programing? Please help. P.S I will donate when I get back to work.
Sg4954

The codes you supplied us with
p1684 is that the battery was disconnected (no problem )
p0601 is that the PCM failed self check (problem will get back to it later)
p0700 is that the TCM has in it a troubled codes and need to check for it and the way you can do so is by using a scanned tool as an OBDII reader will not get you the tcm codes

my suspicion in this mater would be tranny solenoid pack, need codes to conform
but if its easier for you to get and replace part then checking for codes
I would go for replacing the solenoid pack

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic9_55.jpg

BMRFIXIT