ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

2002 Dodge Caravan

2002 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

When I turn the ignition on, the radio, HVAC, and fuel gauge systems do not work. Additionally, the digital indicator for the transmission on the instrument panel shows all of the gears as highlighted. I am able to drive the vehicle, and these problems solve themselves ultimately, though they reappear if I turn on the A/C.
When I looked under the hood, there was a great deal of corrosion around the battery. Could this be causing the problem? Should I replace the battery?
Edpeters1

Any electrical repair requires a good 12 volt battery. The cables and terminal ends must be free of corrosion. The inside of the cables should be checked also. The next step is to check all the circuit protections. The interior fuses and the engine power distribution fuses must be checked next. Then the vehicles electrical system can be tested and a scan tool can test the control modules.
Yes on the battery replacement. And be careful as it is dangerous. OK

Ch112063