FLASHERS WONT STOP FLASHING

2000 Dodge Caravan

2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

Took batt - off to reset computer. Now the flashers come on as soon as you open door it needs reset. I use to use remote entry on keyring but it no longer works, can you do this manaually with key?
Kenneth ricketts

Do you have a after market alarm system on the vehicle? If it is a alarm system problem then there should be a little oush button switch somewhere under the dash on the drivers side. Press and hold the button while you put key in ignition and turn on the key.
This is all based on if it is the alarm system

M_H_RITZEL
No its not an aftermarket device its a factory install. Ive ran into this before when I had to change battery it did this I just used remote open on keyring and it reset that " alarm-like" deal and light stopped flashing. But I have no remote open now. I have to do it with key there is a certian sequence you must do it in and I havent found it

Kenneth ricketts
You have not said if you still have the remote? If you do, the remote it runs on a small battery. Check the battery in the remote.

M_H_RITZEL
No I do not have the remote anymore.&Quot; have to use key" have tried locking then open passanger door first the drivers door and start. That didnt work then I tried the tailgate and drivers door that didnt work either. Even had wife to sit in van and lock and unkock with the power locks no go there either ! At a loss here of things to try !

Kenneth ricketts
I am having a similar issue

Today while my wifw was driving our van, all the lights started flashing, kind of like when a car alarm is going off. The head lights, the odometer reading and dashboard lights as well as on the tempature controls. She pulled over, shut the motor off then restarted it, but the problem continued.

I suspected a wiring problem so had her play with the ignition swith, the stering wheel height adjuster, turn signals and such.

When she pulled the wiper switch forward to turn the high beams on the lights stopped flashing. She pulled it again to turn the high beams off and the lights all started flashing again. Back to the high beam position and the flashing stops, back to low beams and the flashing comes back again.

When she got home I held he trip reset buttion and got the numbers 23 and 55. I tried again this time holding both the Odometer reset buttons till I saw the word CODE and ran the onboard diagnostic with the engine running and the lights still flashing, but did not get any other codes.

We brought this van used a couple of years ago and it does not have an aftermarket alarm system that I am aware of. I am also unsure about anything factory installed.

Thank You

Schoener
Some additional information

This only happens when the head light switch is in the " off" or " park" position. If its in the " on" position the lights do not flash.

I also disconnected the battery terminals to re-set the electronics, but that did not help.

Schoener