TURN SIGNAL NOT WORKING

1999 Dodge Caravan

1999 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 230000 miles

The 4 way flashers work on all 4 lights. The right turn signal works. The left turn signal does not work. None of the lights come on when you turn on the left signal. If the interior temperature is very warm, the left signal works and continues to work until the interior cools down. I have replaced the multi function switch and it did not fix it.
Clarence Frey

I need you to check the connector at the front signal. Under the inner fender, there is a round plastic cover. Turn it and it will come out so you can access the light and wiring. Disconnect the plug that connects the wiring harness to the light socket wiring. Pull it apart to check for corrosion or broken tabs inside. NOTE: There is a plastic tab that needs removed for the harness to come apart.

Check it and let me know what you find. I just did one of these yesterday and basically I had to rewire the socket by bypassing the plug and replacing the fuses both under the dash and under the hood.

Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.

I took the harness apart at the blinker. I did not see any corrision. I t worked when put back together but did not work the following morning. Since then it has been working fine. I plan on getting sone cleaner to clean the points.

Clarence Frey
First, thanks for the positive feed back. It is appreciated. Second, if it is working not, I think you have a good idea.

Let me know if you have other questions.