CHANGING THE FRONT OIL SEAL

1999 Dodge Caravan

1999 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 256000 miles

Hi, I have to change the front oil seal in my caravan and was wondering how long of a job it is and what is involved in doing this. Do you have and diagrams that would be useful to me for this job?
Bigboycool

What do you have for an engine size
let me know

BMRFIXIT
It is a 3.0L engine

Bigboycool
Raise vehicle. Remove accessory drive belt splash shield. Remove accessory drive belts. Remove crankshaft pulleys and vibration damper.
Lower vehicle. Support engine weight with floor jack. Remove purge duty solenoid and wiring harness from right engine mount bracket.
Remove 2 right engine mount insulator vertical bolts Remove the one horizontal fastener. DO NOT remove large nut from center bolt of insulator rubber. Remove horizontal and vertical fasteners from engine side of mount. Remove engine mount.
Remove engine support bracket from front of engine. Remove timing belt covers, noting bolt length for installation reference. Note direction of flange installation on front of crankshaft, in front of crankshaft sprocket. Remove flange.
Rotate crankshaft, and align timing marks on camshaft sprockets and crankshaft sprocket.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_Graphic2_179.jpg

If reusing timing belt, mark direction of timing belt rotation for installation reference.
Loosen timing belt tensioner bolt. Move timing belt tensioner away from timing belt, and temporarily tighten bolt. Remove timing belt.
remove pulley and replace oil seals

BMRFIXIT