GAUGES

1998 Dodge Caravan

Computer problem
1998 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl

I HAVE A 1998 DODGE CARAVAN NONE OF THE GAUGES WILL WORK, ABS LIGHT IS ON, THE SERVICE LIGHT IS ON AND THE SPEEDOMETER SAYS 120. VAN RUNS FINE. WHAT CAN THIS BE? THANKS TAMMY
Tammyboo

Tammyboo
Hi tammyboo,

Thanks for the donaton.

With so many items malfunctioning and vehicle is running fine, I suspect the meter assy circuit board is faulty. It could be a bad ground or coupler connection, you need to remove meter cluster to check it.

To confirm that there is no actual fault, I suggest getting a scan done. Try your local Autozone outlet.

I also have a 1998 Dodge Caravan. I have exactly the same problem though intermittent. The gauges register zero, the speedometer usually says 120 though it might say zero, and the ABS light is on. I rap the top of the dash once or twice and it's fixed. The service light I think is a separate issue. This problem occurs only about once or twice a week though.

Ajs42548
Hi ajs42548,

Thanks for the input, it confirms my suspicions about the meter cluster.