ALARM SYSTEM PROBLEMS?

1998 Dodge Caravan

1998 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 178000 miles

Several times over the last few months, our vehicle will not start. If it does turn over it runs for a second and then stops. We have had our local shop run diagnostics on it - they say it checks out fine but perhaps there is a problem with the Alarm system - the alram system apparently can shut off the engine.

We have also had the fuel pump and alternator replaced during the last 6 months.

After the car sits for 30 - 60 minutes, then it starts.

Should we condier replacing the alarm system? I would prefer to disable it if possible - any suggestions are appreciated - thanks!
Bkeenan

Ok I will send a pic of the body control module that controls all the lighting and windows and alarm system. So no you can not disconnect it. Here is the test procedure to see if it is activating. See the alarm stops the injector pulse so if you can't do this then have a shop check to see if the injector is getting the pulse it should get with a noid light. If it is not then you should test the body control module and if it is bad then replace it.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_body_control_module_1.jpg

Hope this helps if I do any more just ask ok.

Racefan966