LOCATION OF FEUL PUMP RELAY

1989 Dodge Caravan

1989 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

van sat for about 6 months, it was started from time to time, fires up when you spray some gas into plenum, but do not here the normal buzzing sound when the key is turned, and no feul is coming out of feul line hoses, and no current going to feul pump
Problimatic

Its the ASD relay that powers the fuel pump its located on left fender panel

All the relays are on the left inner fender. The only one I can remember is the starter relay. It has heavy red and brown wires.

Based on your description, suspect worn brushes in the fuel pump motor. Try banging on the bottom of the gas tank, then cranking the engine. If you do this a few times and it starts, it will stay running but it probably won't last more than a year or two.

Don't know if you're aware or not, but the pump should only run for two seconds when you turn on the ignition switch. It can be hard to hear due to the chime bangin' away. After that, it will not run until the engine computer sees engine rotation; (cranking or running). When pulses arrive from the distributor or crankshaft position sensor, the engine computer turns on the Automatic Shutdown (ASD) relay which sends voltage to the coil(s), injector(s), and alternator. In addition, it sends voltage either to the fuel pump directly or to a fuel pump relay; (sorry, I can't remember which).

If you have spark during cranking, the pickup coil and ASD relay are working. As I recall, I think you have to drop the gas tank to get to the pump's electrical connector, but if you do plan on replacing the pump, check for 12 volts there for two seconds after someone turns on the ignition switch or cranks the engine. On the slim chance the 12 volts is missing, and since it sat a while, I'd look for corroded wiring splices or connector pins, or wires chewed through by a mouse.