CAR DOES NOT START

1998 Dodge Avenger

1998 Dodge Avenger 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I just bought this car, but was never told about this problem. If I run this car every day, it will start fine the next day, but if I wait to start it after 2 days, it takes about a minute to five minutes before it putters to a start. I replaced the fuel filter, and noticed an increase in power, but that was all. The battery is good and the spark plugs are new. The spark plug lines are also new. I had it checked out by a mechanic and he asked me to have the fuel pump run a couple of times before I start it after it was sitting for a while. I waited two days and did this and it started fine. Problem solved! - Not yet. I replaced the fuel pump and today, about a week later, I had the same problem.
Asdgq9

Chances are you distrubed enough dirt in the tank that is has either reclogged the fuel flter, damaged the new pump, or there is an all together different problem. Does the car even try to start when this happens? If you use starting fluid, does it start for a few seconds then shut down? Can you hear the fuel pump turn on when you hit the key? Have you tried replacing the fuel pump relay?

Let me know.