DO I NEED TO REPLACE THE TIMING MACHINE

1998 Nissan Maxima • 35,000 miles

The car is old, but only has 35k miles on it and I am the original owner and have taken care of it. But I am worried because of the age of the car, but I also know that it has super low mileage. So is an old timing chain still a good timing chain when there is such low mileage. There is no rust and again the car has been very well taken care of.
Karen_1

I believe you have a timing chain so that is okay. If you have a timing belt it needs replacement as it deteriorates over time. Other things that go bad are fuel, brake fluid, auto transmission fluid and even oil. Fuel is especially unstable and turns to varnish quickly and causes fuekl sytem problems. Also check the intake tract to make sure nothing has nested there as mice and squirls are notorious for finding there way into intakes and even exhausts.

You have a timing chain for sure. I wouldnt worry about that. What size engine is in this? If its a 3.5, there is a water pipe that goes to your oil filter adaptor, they like to rot, and go un noticed until its to late. I would bring this to your local trust worthy mechanic, and have an inspection done. Im sure you wont find anything to crazy wrong with it. These are good cars.

Madmike1735