COOLING ISSUES

1995 Honda Civic • 180,000 miles

I have a car that is intermittently overheating. I have replaced the thermostat, the bottom hose and the electric fan so far. It still has issues. So here is the meat of what has happened. I eventually took the thermostat completely out just replacing the seal to find out if that was the issue. No it still overheats. The radiator is a dual core performance radiator and I know that is ok. I checked flow on it and there is no issue there. The system bleeds into the overflow quite a bit but that is not unexpected as I do not trust the cap. Now I know that it cant be the pump because then it would overheat constantly. Besides that the pump is so simple I couldn't imagine it going out. I also thought that maybe the belt was slipping but that would make a great deal of noise which it is not doing. Are there any other issues that I may be missing? The engine seems to run fine otherwise.
Mctrlsys

First, put the thermostat back in. It must be there or you will fry the motor.

You most likely have blown a head gasket from the overheating. Have a leak down test done to confirm

That has to be explained. Letting the coolant flow without restriction will fry the motor? That makes absolutely no sense. While it really makes it more difficult to warm up the engine in cold weather I cannot see how that will either fry the engine or blow the head gasket.

Mctrlsys
You blew the head gasket from overheating.

As far as the thermostat, it is there for a reason. It must be there to control flow throughout the motor. You have uncontrolled flow with it out and boils the water in the block. Its all about the engineering. If it did not matter, then it would not be there